Thursday, October 29, 2009

It’s Beginning to Look a lot like …Fall!

104-1

Yep, it’s Fall in the Masterson house.  I love to decorate and Fall is one of my favorite times of year!  Fall starts off a busy 3 months for us, October, November, and December.  And I think everyone is the same way, right?  We have the carnivals and Halloween parties and then we move on to Thanksgiving.  Some of us start shopping for Christmas in November.  And then there’s December, the busiest time of year for us.  Decorating, shopping, cooking, parties, etc.  Well, like I said, its a busy 3 months for us. 

But I start decorating for Fall in September!  Yep, I love it!  The earlier the better!  By September, I am sick of the heat, and ready for some cooler weather.  Oh, and don’t forget college football! 

So, to celebrate Fall, I make the IT Guy get out all of the fall and Halloween decorations. 

I start with the Halloween village.  We use to start putting the Halloween village up at the end of August because it takes us a couple of days to get it completely set up with the trees, moss, and leaves.  So, I put it up early to enjoy it for a month or so.  What?  I like my Halloween village, ok?  Gimme a break!  It’s not like I put my Christmas tree up in August!!!  Not that I haven’t thought about it but I haven’t!

So here’s the Halloween Village in the beginning stages of setting it up: 

106-2

As you can see, it’s a process!  And Miss Emma loves to help!

107-2

This is the broken down Manor, and the ghost flying around on the inside!  OOOH!  Spooky!  Not really.

111-2

This is the fun house and the costume shop!  And the pretty barn on the left!

114-2

This is what the finished project looks like.  The trees and the fences are up.  The hedges edge the houses.  And a few leaves sprinkled around! 

127-2

I love all the little people on their way to trick or treat!  

128-2  

129-2

 

131-2

All finished!!!

133-2

So, we’re ready for Halloween in this house!  But I still have some other things that I have done to decorate my house for Fall.  More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment