Sunday, July 5, 2009

San Antonio Day 1

So, we went to San Antonio for our vacation.  We wanted to take Emma to Sea World, the Alamo, the River Walk, etc…you know all that fun stuff.  Well, late Sunday night Emma said she wasn’t feeling well, and she was really tired.  Of course, I thought she just didn’t want to clean her toys up!  But at 6:30 that night, she made the announcement that she was going to go take a nap upstairs in her bedroom.  First off, there were several things wrong with that.  One, she never takes a nap without me, seriously, she won’t take one without me laying down with her.  Second, she never sleeps in her own room.  She usually sleeps in my scrapbook room, or in my bedroom.  Well, anyway, she took a nap until about 8 that night and when she got up from her nap, she was running about a 101.  Not good!  We were suppose to leave on Tuesday to go to San Antonio! 

Monday she woke up and she was running 102, so I made an appointment for her to see the doctor.  The doctor said she just had a virus, and that within a couple of days she should be fine.  Well, at that point we didn’t know if we should cancel or just give her Tylenol and prayed that by the time we got there she would be fine. 

Monday, night I checked her temp and it was almost normal, but when I checked on her that night before we went to bed, she was running 101 again.  So once again, I gave her the Tylenol and went to bed praying that we were going to go.  We woke up Tuesday morning, and she had no fever!  We packed up and headed out. 

We got a great deal on our hotel room at the Hyatt, and Emma thought it was way cool that the elevators were glass and you could see through them. 

After we got checked in, we decided to go to the Alamo.  It was right across the street from our hotel so, it was pretty easy to get to.  

Emma really didn’t get the Alamo, but the IT guy and I did.  But you know what’s sad?  Robert had never been to the Alamo!!  I know!

IMG_0115 copy

Went went into the courtyard and I took a ton of pictures of her, and as you can see she looked really thrilled about it!

IMG_0120 copy

The tree behind her is one of the oldest trees in San Antonio!  Cool eh?

IMG_0123 copy

And of course, I had to take a picture with her and her daddy!

IMG_0125 copy

After the Alamo, which by the way was a big bust with Emma, we went to the River Walk.  Which was not a bust with little miss thing.  She loved it!

IMG_0112 copy

I made her stand on a bridge above me and got this cute little picture!  And this is when the gripping started.  She was hungry!  

IMG_0114 copy

And she wouldn’t eat anywhere but the Rainforest Cafe.  We have one here in Dallas, and I got to say I really wasn’t thrilled by the idea of going but hey it made her happy and kept her quiet! 

IMG_0130 copy

After we ate, we went to ride the boats on the River Walk.  It was almost dusk and it was starting to cool off some, so it was a really nice way to end our first day!  Emma thought it was really cool to see all the buildings right on the water, and from that moment on, every time we were at the hotel she wanted to go walk on the River Walk.   

More later, on the first day of Sea World!

No comments:

Post a Comment